Place is owned and managed by Jane Wyllie, who obtained a medical degree (MBChB) at Aberdeen University in 1999. She then went on to work in a number of medical specialties including Medicine for the Elderly and Accident and Emergency, thereafter specialising in Old Age Psychiatry and obtaining membership of the Royal College of Psychiatrist (MRCPsych) in 2006.
During a break from medicine to care for her children full time she had personal experience of caring for relatives and identified the need for high quality, personalised home care to support people to live at home and enjoy a dignified and comfortable life. She was inspired to form Place which became operational in Dec 2022 and is now providing care of the highest standard to individuals living within East Renfrewshire.
Alternatively: 0141 384 2992
- - Personal care (washing, showering, bathing, dressing)
- - Medication compliance (including collecting prescriptions and prompting individuals to take their medications)
- - Shopping (assisting with online shopping, going to shops to obtain shopping or accompanying service users to shops and assisting them whilst there)
- - Meals and Nutrition help preparing meals and assistance in ensuring good dietary and fluid intake
- - Housework cleaning, laundry, changing beds, ironing, bins, anything that is required
- - Companionship visiting individuals at home to provide company and engaging activities
- - Outings accompaniment and assistance in attending appointments (e.g. hospital, hairdresser) social and religious engagements
- - Respite Care short term care to give those normally providing the care a break
- If you think our service would be useful to you or a loved one, please call 07570800914 or 0141 384 2992 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an initial telephone consultation (there is no fee for this service).
- If it is felt that we would be able to meet your care needs an initial assessment at your home would be made and a care plan would be proposed (again there is no fee for this assessment).
- Once this is done you can decide whether or not you wish to proceed with the proposed care plan.
- - Our fee for care is £25.00 per hour weekdays
- - £30.00 per hour weekends
- - Public holidays are charged at the same rate expect Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day which are £50 per hour.
- Please Note: Sometimes additional assessments may be required e.g. by an occupational therapist and a fee for this would be required but this would only go ahead with the full agreement of the service user and relevant others.