Consultant Vascular, Endovascular and Endovenous Surgeon
Mr. Tam Siddiqui studied medicine at the University of Edinburgh and qualified MB ChB in 2001. He subsequently completed basic surgical training and research in the West of Scotland between 2002 and 2007 and higher surgical training specialising in vascular surgery between 2007 and 2013 in Glasgow. In 2013, Mr. Siddiqui was appointed Consultant Vascular Surgeon at Raigmore Hospital, Inverness where he introduced cutting edge minimally invasive varicose veins treatments to NHS Highland.
In 2017, Mr. Siddiqui was appointed Consultant Vascular, Endovascular and Endovenous Surgeon at Hairmyres Hospital and is the South West Vascular Network Clinical Lead. He has a specialist interest in modern varicose veins treatments, including Radiofrequency Ablation, Ultrasound Guided Foam Sclerotherapy, Microsclerotherapy for thread veins and Venaseal. He has responsibilities for training other consultants in Scotland to perform these techniques.
Mr. Siddiqui is an experienced endovascular surgeon and offers the full range of vascular surgery treatments including angioplasty/ stenting, aneurysm repair, carotid surgery and management of peripheral arterial disease and diabetic vascular disease. Ultrasound examination is included as part of the consultation.
Mr Siddiqui has an interest in training and education and is a member of the Joint Committee of Surgical Training Specialty Advisory Committee for Vascular surgery and a Specialty Trainee Educational Supervisor and Scottish Government Advisor. He has published in peer-reviewed journals including The European Journal of Vascular Surgery, The British Journal of Diabetes and Vascular Disease and The American Journal of Vascular Surgery
- Assessment of upper and lower limb circulation
- Duplex ultrasound examination of upper and lower limb arterial and venous circulation
- Radiofrequency ablation of varicose veins
- Endovenous laser treatment for varicose veins
- Venaseal "glue" therapy for varicose veins
- Ultrasound guided foam sclerotherapy for varicose veins
- Microsclerotherapy treatment for thread veins
- Open and endovascular aneurysm surgery
- Open and endovascular revascularisation for circulation disorders
- Carotid surgery
- Renal access surgery
- Appointment charges:
- New appointment £160
- Return appointment £100