Musculoskeletal and Diagnostic Ultrasound Specialist
Syed is an experienced Musculoskeletal and Diagnostic Ultrasound Specialist with over 18 years of experience performing ultrasounds in both the NHS and private sectors.
His special interest is the use of this modality for the treatment of various musculoskeletal pathologies.
He is registered with Health Care Professional Council and is a member of RCR and BMUS.
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
- Abdominal ultrasound:
- Includes assessment of liver, gallbladder, kidneys, spleen, pancreas, abdominal aorta and urinary bladder
- Chest Ultrasound Scan to rule out Plural effusion
- Pelvic ultrasound (female):
- Includes assessment of bladder, uterus and ovaries.
- Renal Ultrasound, To see kidneys, prostate (in males) and Urinary bladder.
- Thyroid ultrasound
- Neck lump ultrasound assessment
- Testicular ultrasound
- Ultrasound assessment of soft tissue, lumps and bumps
- Ultrasound assessment of joints for active synovitis, tenosynovitis and degenerative changes.
- Musculoskeletal scanning including:
- Shoulder, Hip, Hands and wrists, Knee, Ankles, Feet
- DVT ultrasound assessment- upper and lower limbs
- Hernia ultrasound
- Reasons for having hernia Ultrasound scan:
- Suspecting a hernia
- Lump in the groin region
- Abdominal lump
- Abdominal Aorta Scan
- Pelvis Ultrasound Scan:
- You will need a full urinary bladder. You must drink a minimum of one and a half pints of fluid e.g., still water, tea, coffee or squash, one hour before your appointment. Make sure you do not empty your bladder.
- Abdominal Ultrasound Scan:
- You should not eat anything for SIX HOURS before your appointment. You may drink water, fruit juice or squash. You must not drink milk. Do not smoke.
If you have Diabetes and need to eat during this period you may eat Bread/Toast with jam/marmite type spread but no butter, margarine or fat.
- MSK, Thyroid, Testicular, Groin, Lumps and Bumps Scan:
- No preparation is required for musculoskeletal, Thyroid, testicular and lumps and Bumps scans.
- £100 per scan
- Price includes a written report